Five years, five flippin' years! That would have been when I went to work for my current employer. Let's hope I've settled in now and can set aside a little creative time.
I have plans to introduce another group of noobs to tabletop rpgs later this month. And here's my thought process. Your crazy uncle (me) asks you if you want to play Dungeons and Dragons. You say sure because your uncle is a fun guy and you haven't spent much time with him in the past few years. But, what's your character motivation? I have a chart for that!
Twelve reasons to visit Tidy Island Bay: or rpg local of your choice.
1. The Fabled Market of Fables (shopping)
2. Seeking employment on the off world colonies.
3. Seeking knowledge they would not teach you off in college.
4. To consult the Ishtar Collective.
5. To visit the used droid market of the Javas.
6. 75th Annual Independence Day Cook off and Aquatic Turtle Rat fishing championship.
7. In search of you Uncle Jake.
8. Gambling at the Amazonian owned casino.
9. Explore the wreck of the Kobayashi Maru.
10. To visit the Vulcan commune and organic farm.on Tidy Island.
11. Seeking passage off world.
12. That band you liked in college got back together.
Motivated now and do I need another pop culture reference? I'll be using the Mutant Future rules in my Tidy Island Bay location, created for Encounter Critical with elements from the Destiny video game franchise. Stay tuned!
Lastly, I've been reading How Few Remain by Harry Turtledove. I'm certain I'm behind the curve, but if you like History, Alternative History, Speculative Fiction, Modern Fiction and humanity, I recommend this book for ya. If you don't like any of these things, why are you reading this!?
Post a Comment