Sunday, July 29, 2012

Aquatic Turtle Rats

I have been neglecting some other duties and contributing to the community project over at Rended Press. This has been a relaxing and productive distraction for me and I intend to continue to participate until the project is complete.

The process was made a bit easier with this creature creation drop table, also a product of MWSheemer, Mr. Rended Press himself. I randomized the Aquatic Turtle Rat, here's an edit of the description I wrote for the community project;

"These aquatic turtle rodents have a head much like a rabbit with a long neck leading into their turtle like shells. Their powerful webbed forelimbs resemble a wolves, including claws. [1d6 damage] Their webbed hind limbs are more reminiscent of a rat with the shell and tail of a turtle. The shells of adult Turtle Rats average four feet from head to tail.

Turtle-rats are quick carnivorous scavengers, usually encountered in schools of 1d8 members. They will attack by springing forward with their powerful front legs and attempt to bite and, or claw their intended prey. [Two attacks per round possible.] The waters near their homes usually contain the remains of their past prey, including any valuables owned by these previous victims. These remains and treasure may be found at the bottom of the Turtle Rats watery abode."

So, the Aquatic Turtle Rat is classified as a medium sized creature but I haven't created a "stat block" for them. I'm certain your all capable of adapting the A.T.R. to your own needs if  you so desire. 

Now I have to solicit some illustrations for the Aquatic Turtle Rats.



3 comments:

  1. Dude--it's "Schmeer" -- as in "bagel &"

    And thanks for the contribution. I have slow internet access at home, so when I'm on campus on Monday I'll update all the new contributions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed a consonant in your name, and a very important one too! I did write the post around 11 pm, I often worry about my editing ability at that time of day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you spelled it how it's pronounced!

      Also--very cool to see the QnDCC table in action--and you threw into communinity project, too! Genius!

      Delete